History, event and data access to 800xA with 800xAHistory server installed
As we know that there are several interfaces for 3rd control system including MES (Manufacturing Execution System ) to access data from 800xA .
Our customer wants realtime data , history data and event from our 800xA (version 6.0.3) to their MES system.
My question is..
Which connectivity is recommeded by ABB or is the preferable choice from ABB. I am thinking about the load of the system when MES is connected/ additionanl cost for license and any other security points of view.
1) Via OPC Server but should we use DA/HDA or UA ?
- OPC DA to access realtime data (OpcDaSurrogate?)
- OPC HDA to access history data ( AdvHtHistoryServer?)
- OPC UA to access real time and history data
2) via ODBC Interface to access numerric as well as event data.
Hope that I don't misunderstand something, please advise if I do.
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.