AC 800M, Communication problem on PROFIBUS-DP with CI851
- If any of the described error situations are encountered, the failing unit must be sent to ABB Logistic Center for upgrading to PR:D.
All CI851 in stock with PR:C have been retested and deliveries from Feeder Factory in W206 or later do not contain the above described error.
[ref SR1110 VASMASOITA0837 ]
- AC 800M, Communication problem on PROFIBUS-DP with CI851
A hardware error has been found on a limited number of the PROFIBUS-DP master modules, CI851, which results in any of the following situations.
1. The CI851 refuses to start and the F(ault) LED is on (red).
2. The CI851 starts normally. Then the communication stops indicated by no light (steady or twinkling) on the Rx and Tx LEDs. R(un) LED on CI851 is still on (green).
3. The CI851 starts communicating. The communication stops, the F(ault) LED is on (red), then the CPU stops executing due to Bus error on the CEX bus and the CPU F(ault) LED is on (red).
NOTE: Bus error results in a Controller Reset and the application program must be reloaded.
PROFIBUS-DP Master Module
CI851, 3BSE018101R1, PR:A, PR:B and PR:C
- Simple check of CI851
The appearance of the error is sensitive for the transmission speed. By using a low transmission speed, 1 Mbit/s or lower, it is more likely for the error to occur than if a higher speed is used.
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.