Freelance AC900F MODTCP_M Fatal error & Error code
I faced a problem with Freelance AC900F after communication integration test to Modicon M221 controller, using Modbus TCP communication protocol. Procedures have been done as follows,
1) Ethernet Port 1 & 4 was enabled, and have different IPs to connect to two seperated networks ie. LCP (Local control panel) network, and Freelance system network. Please see attached Network connection diagram.
2) I have initialized MODTCP_M connection interface. Slow down cycle was switched ON to make it easier for troubleshooting (using Modbus slave simulator).
3) I was used Modbus function block MODM_R8C and MODM_R16C, and have configured starting address, data length, and slave ID.
Here is the results,
1) Test using Modbus simulator was successfully done (AC900F as Mobus master). I can attach later Modbus data packet transaction if you really need it.
2) Then I changed the Modbus slave to real Modicon M221 controller. I got output status ERR turned on, and STAT indicates error code 16#E or 14 (in decimal). I can not find the meaning of this error code inside “Communication and fieldbusses” document.
3) Then I tried to restart the controller, and I got Fatal error code 30000F89. Controller was passed booting phase, but after several seconds it went to Fatal error display again.
4) After that, network connection was failed. I can not access the controller via Ethernet port.
1) What is the cause of this problem?
2) How do I restore the firmware? Via serial DIAG connection?
3) Where can I find related online articles? I’m afraid, I’ll face this problem again later during site commissioning (*will be a nightmare)
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.