Freelance licence failure
We've had an unexpected licence failure on a Freelance Operations 2016 SP1 RU4 system, which had been running without issues in licenced mode for weeks.
All of a sudden, it complained that we had no licence for using this tool and that FO will be terminated. (Nothing about emergency mode or 100 days.)
The licence stick was still there and running (lit up). The correct f2k.id was installed in Freelance/exe.
In Windows' application error log, I could find a normal shutdown when the problem first happened. At the next FO start attempts, it always complained that we had no licence, and after the normal startup entry there always appeared the following:
Assertion failed: CurrentThread == getCurrentThreadId() at I:\DIGIMAT\KONF\DMB\SRC\DMBDB.C:187
I've tried several remedies:
- Replugging the licence key, same error upon starting Freelance Operations
- Rebooting the machine, same error
- Reinstalling the licence file matching the used key, reboot, same error
- Delete licence file, pull USB key, uninstall Sentinel hardlock key driver, Freelance repair installation, reboot, demo mode wouldn't work. After installing licence file and plugging the key, same error as above. Installing RU4 also didn't help; same error
- Uninstall Sentinel driver, uninstall Freelance, delete Freelance directory, reboot, do a fresh Freelance installation, install licence file, plug key => works. Install RU4, works.
I'd be grateful for any explanation what could've happened here, and if it even might be avoided in the future somehow.
Thanks and best regards
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.