AC 900F reboot loop after firmware update
I'm in the process of upgrading a redundant Freelance AC 800F station to AC 900F. What I did until now is the following:
- shut down the old controllers
- exchanged the controller node in the hardware tree
- installed the new controllers (with CI 930F and redundant Profibus) including network and bus cabling etc.
- installed the batteries
- booted the controllers, set IP addresses and redundancy option (via panel)
- Updated controller firmware with Settings. For IP1, it worked flawlessly; IP2 couldn't be reached by network on first try and the update failed. During the update, IP2's display didn't change.
- Re-tried update on IP2 (sadly, I don't remember exactly if it worked)
- Updated Profibus module firmware for both: IP1 worked flawlessly again; IP2 entered a reboot loop: When Settings tried to contact it, it rebooted and returned to the normal screen (No configuration, Station 0, 1%, Run, 25 °C). I cancelled the update in Settings. (IP1, after rebooting, entered a screen saying "Waiting for boot loader" or the like. IP2 directly boots to the normal screen.)
- A retry with removed Red-Link and Profibus connections yielded the same behaviour. Initialising the controller also.
- So I first loaded IP1 (whole station), it started without problems.
- I verified the firmware versions (controller and Profibus) in the web interface. Both the same, so I went on:
- Reconnected everything, let both synchronise, which didn't work: Again a reboot loop for IP2, also producing errors on Profibus lines A and B with every reboot.
- So I disconnected IP2 again.
Thanks and best regards
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.