800xA Client-Applications/OPC surrogate Not Starting
When the 3rd party OPC client application tries to connect to the OPC surrogate the 3rd party OPC client application crashes.
To troubleshoot this we ran a Matrikon OPC explorer on the 2 new 800xA clients and tried to connect to localhost, OPC surrogate process starts but the Matrikon OPC explorer becomes non-responsive and we have to force close it.
Similar results were observed when we used AdvDsOPCClient, we can connect to OPC surrogate(not consistent), can add a group, but becomes non-responsive when we try to add a tag.
Further noticed the certain applications are not starting on the new 800xA nodes, workplace process starts but we don't see an application window, license status viewer does not open.
Suspecting the issue was with the 800xA client connection to the 800xA system, we removed the newly added nodes from 800xA, removed them from the domain, checked if all system-related files and registry are removed, and re-added it to domain and 800xA.
The issue still persists and we are unable to figure out if it's an 800xA System issue, Licensing issue, domain issue, user account issue, or an issue with the client node itself.
We have 5.1 FP4 RevD RU2 system
Insert the URL that your highlighted text will link to.
Copy the video's "embed" tag into Embedded Video below.