How to add a profibus coupler to 800xa controller
Here we have a version 5.0 800xa installed with redundant PM864AK01 processors.
Now there is a demand for using some I/Os from another local PLC (BoschRexroth) in ABB DCS. as you know there is no other cards than ABB in Hardware library .
What could be the possible solution for this?
this is the boschrexroth profibus coupler which we can use to transmit signal remotely to ABB DCS :Rexroth Inline PROFIBUS bus coupler-safe , R-IL PB BK DI8 DO4/CN-PAC, order No. R911172194
Voted best answer
As i mention regarding the steps in comments, please follow following steps to add .gsd in Control Builder:--
1. Please add a hardware library by cliccking New Library under Project-> Libraries-> hardware-> R-Click-> Add new hardware library.
2. Give it suitable name.
3. Under that R-Click on hardware tyoe "Insert/ replace hardware types.
4. Browse your .gsd file from there.
5. Complete the process of device import wizard.
6. Now insert this new added library into your controller library.