abb plc communication with siemens drive
I have PLC 800Xa system AC800m and want to comunicate with Siemens S120 drive throgh Profibus Master (ABB) /Slave .i have already installed the gsd file and hardware file but not communicating.
This topic is quite complex.
GSD file version must match firmware version of S120 drive.
S120 drive control unit (CU320) represents one Profibus slave under CI854 profibus master of AC800M. Profibus telegrams of Infeed and all Power modules connected with one CU320 are merged in the order defined in Starter in "Telegram configuration".
Telegram configuration example in Starter:
- Telegram 390 PZD 2/2 for CU320
- Free BICO 6/6 for Infeed
- Free BICO 10/10 for each Power module
This configuration is compatible with telegram configuration under CU320 profibus slave in AC800M:
- Siemens telegram 390k PZD-2s2 (CU320)
- Axis separator
- Siemens telegram 352k PZD-6s6 (Infeed)
- Axis seperator (to be added before each Power module)
- Siemens telegram 220k PZD-10s10 (Power module)
Profibus address is set by rotary swithes at each CU320.
Telegrams contain words. Words should be converted to dints on AC800M side.
I hope this helps