AC800M Controllers are no longer functioning in Redundant Mode
Two of our AC 800M Controllers used for our safety system are not functioning in redundant hot-standby mode. They following are the present situation:
1. We changed the RCU cable and now one controller is primary and the other is standby. i.e PRIM is ON and DUAL is ON on one, while on other controller PRIM is OFF and DUAL is ON. Yet OPC cannot communicate with the two controllers on 192.168.13.12
2. IP Addressing is as follows: One Each of the Controllers CN1 = 192.168.13.12, CN2 = 192.168.14.12
3. I cannot go online through Control Builder and I receive a message that there is no communication with controllers. But I can ping 192.168.13.12.
4. When I shut down either of the controller, my OPC communicates with the controller that is ON and I can go online. But when I power ON the second controller, OPC loses communication with controller and I cannot go online through control builder.
5. We are using the 800xA version 4.1 and our Controller is PM865 with SM module
6. Firmware is the same in both controllers
My personal observation is that CN1 of both Primary and Backup Controllers are active thereby causing IP Address conflct, but I do not know how to resolve this issue. Please, kindly advise me on what to do to resolve this issue.
Voted best answer
It seems problem with redundant IP address setting .
Follow the steps below to set the backup Controller IP addresses (CN1 and CN2):
1.Switch off the power supply for back up Controller . and connect the TK212 cable with Primary controller COM4 Port
2. select the advance mode ,Choose Settings>Set Backup IP addresses.
3. In the drop-down list, select Ethernet 1 to set the IP address of the CN1 port on the backup CPU.
4. select the radio button :Obtain an IP address by using default rule
5.Press the Store Interface Settings button to store the configurations in the controller.
6. select Ethernet 2 in the drop-down list to set the IP address of the CN2 port on the backup CPU. Follow the same step mention above.
7. After restore both the Ethernet port setting switch on the backup controller . once the back up controller dual LED On ,restart both primary and secondary controller. and try to ping the IP address for both primary and secondary controller.
Thanks & Regards
Ravi kant Gupta