System.ArgumentException: The Provider IDataSourceId contains a reference with aspect id set to Null Guid
- I create a on my library a Control Module "X", wich has one "Graphic Element PG2".
- Then I created other Control Module "Y" wich several instances of "X"(x1,x2... xn).
- When I use any of the graphic elements of the x instances (for example Y.x1.Graphic Element) on my graphics displays, on runtime I get the error "System.ArgumentException: The Provider IDataSourceId contains a reference with aspect id set to Null Guid....." (see attached file) when I try to open the graphic display that contains the instance. Am I missing the configuration of any aspect?
-If I use an X instance by it self (Not inside the other control module) the graphic element works perfect.
Voted best answer
Odd errors like this can usually be resolved by editing and saving the graphic again (i.e. deploying it). Assuming that you have already tried this ....
- In Plant explorer workplace, do the graphic elements work properly ? - ie, can you see the graphic element for each module instance.
- How did you insert the graphic element into the graphic display ? Did you browse the control structure for each element individually, or did you copy/paste the graphic element and change the object reference ?
- if you make a new blank graphic display and add just one graphic element, does this work ?
- does the reference tool work on this broken graphic ? What does it tell you ?