PI getting "questionable data" from 800xA
As the image attached, PI is not reading circuit breaker position properly.
Sometimes the variable gets "questionable data" status.
How to solve it?
It is a substation automation system, so there are 4 CET OPC Server (ABB IEC61850 OPC Server).
The address is OPC_SERVER_NAME\IED_NAME\LD0\DAXCBR1\Pos\stVal (circuit breaker position).
It only takes values 0, 1, 2 and 3.
In 800xA the datatype is VT_I4 (control connection).
It is fairly likely that the root cause of the problem is "uncertain" data in the OPC server.
The PI data collection is very robust and will not report bad data if the collection interface loses connection to the server for a few moments ( or even a few hours ) because your data collection is buffered.
- How fast is the PI interface collecting data ?
- Where is the PI Interface installed ? It should be normally be on an 800xA client node rather than on the Conectivity server. If it is not installed on an 800xA node then this could be a problem.
- Does this happen to one breaker, all breakers ?
- Does it happen to many objects at the same time, just a few, only one ?
- Is there anything else happening at the same time as the "questionable data" is recorded. e.g downloading a controller somewhere, someone making engineering changes etc ?
- When you say that you can't see any errors in data quality, what tool are you using to monitor this ?