Compact Control BuilderM and SoftController
In our facility, we're using Compact HMI.
On engineering station, when we make a simulation on SoftController, after that we are not able to download changed program to PM861 controller. We have to make a controller reset for download.
There is an error occurs something like "Some file are missing, make controller reset"
Has anyone faced an error similar to this issue?
Thanks for your advice.
I had a similar case when download the project to compact flash (CF). After it is done, same messsage appear and need controller reset before to go online to the controller or download the project (without any changes in the project).
It seems doing this operation, some configuration files, regarding the actual project, in following directory, has been chaned:
C:\ABB Industrial IT Data\Control IT Data\OPC Server for AC 800M\Files
Still this issue is not 100% clear for me. Based on my experience, first I proceed with download or go online with the controller and after that proceed with download to CF.
In such a case, after that operation, it is possible to go online again without need of controller reset.
In any case it is a good advise to have stored in backup place the files from directory above. Also full backup of the project also is a good idea - Tools -> Maintenance -> Project Backup....
After you finish the project backup, in backup directory, which you create for project backup, appear a file [project_name].txt where all necessary files (parts of the project) and the path for each of them, are stored. This also could help.
I have dealt with the exact same situation !!
Exact solution for your problem is:
1) At first, note doen your Server IP at a place, example: 172.16.4.14, ( you will be needing it now while searching for the Missing files)
2) Now, attempt for OPC connection by entering your Controller IP in OPC panel, it will display : "SOME FILES ARE MISSING, DO YOU WANT TO SEARCH"
3) Select "YES" , and it will take you in the recommended drive(C:\) Projects location.
4) In total 3 files got missed in this case.
5) Let for instance,your Project Name is "XYZ_123".
6) So, you will get your Ist & IInd missing files in this location:
C:\ABB Industrial IT Data\Engineer IT Data\Compact Control Builder AC 800M\Projects\XYZ_123\A_Application_1-1-0-0\CompilerOutput\CB172_16_1_14
7) And final and last third file you will get in your :
C:\ABB Industrial IT Data\Engineer IT Data\Compact Control Builder AC 800M\Projects\XYZ_123\C_PLC_1-1-0-0\CompilerOutput\CB172_16_1_14
This will for complete the process, and you will have a Yellow Smiley in your OPC panel, :) !!