Alarm manager service, All alarm list
I have a 3 aspect servers. AS1 AS2 and AS3. When Alarm manager service is running on AS1 All standing alarms appearing on the alarm list. When swapped to AS2 old standing (active) alarms disappear from the list.
And when it swapped it takes too long to update alarm lists. for a wile even RED crosses are on the alarm bands
Could you please help me to solve this issue ?
What do you mean by swapping?
- Use of a different workplace locally at AS1, AS2 or AS3?
- Shut down AS?
- Certain actions drive "OPC AE Refresh" which may stir up alarm list differences if source AE servers are out of sync (=problem in AE servers, not 800xA)
What are your Alarm Manager storage parameters?
- 10.000 alarms, all categories in auto size and "Make new alarm each time a condition gets active=DISABLED"?
Are you using workplaces with Tabbed Navigation and alarm indication on the tabs?
- Upgrading to recent revision where Alarm Property Service (an accelerator) is available is highly recommended
What alarm sources are your Event Collector services subscribing from?
How are your graphics subscribing for alarm information?
- Alarm List or Alarm Global Properties?
- Eg. Alarm List:IsAlarmActive has performance penalty compared to Alarm Global Properties:IsAlarmActive
- Only use Alarm List properties if filtering is a must; and keep in mind that filtered alarm properties come with a (much) higher price than unfiltered.
A worst case scenario would be:
- more than 10.000 alarms in Alarm Manager storage
- tabbed navigation with tab alarm indication but no acceleration (Alarm Property Service)
- Alarm List properties used in tab indication and graphics
- large quantity of clients subscribing for alarm information
- poor network/bandwidth between servers and clients
- failover method forcing OPC AE refresh with source AE servers