simulation , 800xA
What controller family/families do you use in this project?
- AC800 can be simulated in both CBM and Soft Controller
- AC400 have no simulation tools from within the product scope itself, but can be simulated by using a special software+hardware from ABB Norway, ask your regional sales representative for assistance with asking for a quotation.
And with virtualization technology you can do a lot with a few VMware ESX servers nowadays...
For AC800M, It is actually quite easy to build simple simulation of objects like valves, motors and PID loops.
- For Motors, loop the start command back to the run feedback.
- For Valves, loop the open command back to open / close limit switches.
- For Flow / pressure Temperature Loops, use a FilterReal to simulate a first order filter. Use the Signal.Parameter.Range.Max and .Min to scale the 0..100% ouput back to the signal range. Set the filter time to the expected time constant of the process ( say 3 seconds for flow and 30 seconds for temperature).
- For Level Loops us an IntegratorReal to simulate an integrating response. Limit the integrator to signal.parameters.range.max and .min. Scale your controller output from 0..100% to become -50..+50% and integrate this value. Use the Integral time to control how fast your tank empties or fills.
Code these into simple Function Blocks. You can then create a simple model of your plant. Place these blocks in a separate Code Block of your programs or in a Single Control Module of your application and connect them to the IO. To Test a PID controller for example, A PID measurement is connected to RealIOIn and the Controller output is connected to RealIOOut. The PIDSim input is then connected to realIOOut and the output of the PIDSim goes to RealIOIn.
When you are finished, delete the simulation Code. Or check how the Return() function can be used to disable code blocks.
"Simulation" can represent many functionalities and levels, next are a few examples:
- operator training solution (specific application normaly with low fidelity models)
- control system with process simulator from low to high fidelity models (i.e. control system with high fidelity models is similar to "live" solution - there are simulated process variables, intercaction between them etc.)
You can find some info here:
Try to define first what are you exactly looking for - what you want to simulate and for who will be this simulator used (operator/eng/other trainings, process and control system behavior under certain conditions etc.).
ABB has simulator for AC 800M, Advant Master & Melody controller.
If you are using AC800M controller you can simulate it with 800xA AC 800M simulator. To simulate your project you need to have simulation software.
ABB Norway, Oslo is the Center of Excellance (COE) of 800xA simulator. You may get simulation software from someone but you must have simulator license to simulate your project.