Updating field bus listing after adding a new I/O station on advant OS
This question is a bit long - it contains three questions.
I hope you take the opportunity to answer this as my local ABB support is yet to answer my repeating questions.
Note: All changes to be made or suggestions you can assume must be executed online.
I recently added a new I/O station on our AF100 1 bus associated with an AC450 node.
This was done in two steps; first the software part on data base, and later on the physical connection of the AF100 1 bus was carried out. The new I/O station is situated at the end of the AF 100 1 bus, and is named "40ER-85A-21-STN23".
After the connection was completed, the new I/O station is not listed in the system status list from an advant OS where all I/O stations should be listed (ref. fiugre system_status_1). Anyone know why?
The new I/O station has three cards connected; 1, 2 and 3 to an AI, AO and DI, respectively. If I open a search for the known adress of the DI card (DI800_21), and search only within the specific node, the search apparently returns a correct result (ref. figure DI_adresser_1).
However, some of the channels of said adress are hits from a different node (not the one I specified in the search options). This is depicted in figures DI_adresser_2, DI_adresser_3 and DI_adresser_4. The search is specified only to node 14, but the results contain hits both from nodes 14, 10 and 5. Two correct hits are depicted in figure DI_adresser_5.
Why does this search, which is specific only for node 14, consistently return addresses from two other nodes but also correct addresses from node 14?
In the figure system_status_1, it is clear that I/O stations are named different. I want to alter the names of our I/O stations to a more consistant scheme.
Is is straightforward to alter an I/O station's name, or is this a potential pitfall?
If I've made myself unclear, please don't hesitate to ask.
The name of the station is not so important. It should be quite possible to change this. Changing Tag names in an AC450 database is usually quite straightforward.
What is MOST important is the Order in the database of all the DB elements for the Bus, Station, Module and Channel elements.
If you add new AF100 modules, then you should ensure that the CRDB command has added them to the end of the logical file and in the correct sequence. If you have ever Deleted a database element then when you create new channels, the IO signals could potentially end up out of order. ie newly crated IO channels or stations might use gaps in the old database logical files.
I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but it might be a place to start looking.
You should also remove unresolved symbols from the Advant Station.