Security on faceplate buttons on operator systems
we are using Compact HMI 5.1 with compact control builder on a plant.
my query is :
I have some BUTTONS & "INPUT FIELD BUTTONS" used on faceplate (like entering SETPOINT, GAIN, DEADZONE value etc)
I want some of them buttons to be RESTRICTED on Client systems i.e I want the button should get disabled when opened on Client system .
How should I perform this task in real ?
I have tried this way,as mentioned below. It worked but this way was changing the restriction permissions for entire operator,not on that particular.
Steps I followed were:
1) Right Click on that Particular Object in Control Structure.
2) in Details
3) in Permission Tab
4) Change User
5) Selecting Operator, and then ALLOWED/DENIED....accordingly.
This all worked, for that Faceplate, but later i checked, that it has changed the entire oprator permission in the same way.
I have also tried by going in ADMIN Structure, inside it Basic Strucure, etc...and working on security definition.
What Exactly should I do?
Seeking valuable reply of yours.
1. Set property permission as desired on the object type (use CBM). This is not possible on released/protected libraries.
2. Adjust default permission on Security Definition on domain object in Admin Structure. Default is "operate" to all members of the Operators group.
3. Add Security Definition aspects as required (in general, the less the better) and tune them to fit your requirements.
4. Run a Security Report to document the settings (and possibly detect mistakes, flaws, etc.).
Remember that Security Definitions can be "node aware", ie have different behaviour depending on node.
Answer from same previous thread linked here and deleted previous thread.
" It sounds like this is working as designed. Security rights are assigned to a user, not to a client workstation.
If you want to restrict some operations to only some clients, you need to create new users. Create one new operator account for each client, or plant area. Because you are using a workgroup, you need to manually ensure that these acounts exist on all clients where they are needed and on the server as well.
( this solution works on 800xA, so Im assuming it works on compact HMI as well )
Rob Lyon answered 7 hours ago "