800xA Service Services Down in AS1 in a 2 Out of 3 (2O3) Configuration.
One of our Client has 800xA System with Following configuration (Commissioned long back by a China team)
2 Domain Controllers
3 Aspect Servers (2 Out of 3)
4 Connectivity Servers (2 Pair)
We really dont know from when this problem has started, All the services in AS1 is not working even though system is active and CLS distribution working properly (Snapshot attached).
1. Services working fine in AS2 and AS3 but AS1 it is showing undefined.
2. Option to reset or restart the service in Service structure also not available.
3. Tried restarting the server (AS1) still problem not solved.
4. Removed from system and added back via AS2 still the problem is same.
5. Removed from Domain and added back and checked, Still the problem is same.
6. Restarted Windows services with respect to ABB 800xA , Re checked logon 800xA Service Password, Still the problem is same.
7. Time synch is ok..There is no time difference.
6. When removed and added back to the system IndustrialIT, OperateItdata folders also not getting updated.
Can anyone help me with more troubleshooting options??
By looking at the point
6.When removed and added back to the system IndustrialIT, OperateItdata folders also not getting updated.
reply: whats the procedure followed to remove & add back node again?
Check regedit for the system presence and check the user used has admin rights (member of local admin/indutrial iT user and admin) to do the acitivity.
Always follow the steps to avoid affinity breaks after addition.
1.Remove the network cable from the faulty server.
2.Stop the server from the local machine via config wizard-maint stop.
3. delete the local server system & ensure operate IT data and temp folder are deleted from C:
4.restart the server
5.Perform user settings refresh from the config wizard of faulty server.
6.connect back the network & ping Pri aspect and add node via connect node from faulty server (config wizard) & and do the registration from the node admin str from Primary aspect server.
Note: event storage services should only provide redundancy hence 3rd aspect should be deleted from the service group of event storage.
I generally do not recommend removing a node from a system if the purpose is to add it again as a troubleshooting step (removal + reinsertion seldomly give any positive result, it just messes up affinity and possibly other settings).
For a clean start of a server or client, you are better off by just "Maintenance Stop" then erase the OperateITData and OperateITTemp folders and reboot and see if the system can sync up again.
Have you verified that the hosts files and DNS forward/reverse zones are OK (normally the hosts file should be empty with exception for declaration of localhost, 127.0.0.1)?
Does the [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List contain any clues to the problem? What is output there when you restart or try adding AS1?
Maybe time to perform a software reload in case the installation has become damaged?
Sometimes it can be sufficient to just remove and reinstall 800xA Base/Core software (just be sure to perform inventory first to verify that you have a complete media setup including service packs and rollups)