800xA Secondary Server Crashed, How to Install Software in SecASCS Server ??
800xA 5.1 Secondary Server Crashed, How to Install Software in SecASCS Server ??
Is it Necessary to create System package/Planner for SecASCS Server too ?
Please guide for installation with starting basic steps.
Voted best answer
So you took an image backup of the server ? I guess not.
No. You dont need to create a complete system package planner - you can use one of the pre configured packages.
- Back everything up before you start !
- Install EXACTLY THE SAME Software packages and revisions that either were on the original failed server or that are on the existing primary server.
- Do NOT create a system on the newly installed server. If you create one by mistake, remove it.
- Tidy the domain and remove IP adresses, names and accounts for the old failed secondary server from the existing domain controllers.
- Add the new server to the domain using the original name and IP address
- On the new server run the config wizard and reconnect the secondary server back into the system again. Rememeber you are NOT creating a new redundant server. If the config wizard asks you questions about redundancy, you picked the wrong option.
Honestly. If you're not familiar with installing 800xA software and using the config wizard, you should get some help from someone who is.