Replacement of DCP10 with AC800X
There is a F2K system based on DCP10 Ver6.1 and Digitool/Digivis ver6.1 in a plant.
1. Is it possible to replace DCP10 with AC800F? what's about AC800M?
2. In this case, as the version of recent AC800X firmware is probably higher than ver6.1, shall I upgrade Digitool/Digivis version too?
3. May I use Demo version of Digitool/Digivis with the same version of AC800X ?
Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.
Voted best answer
1. It is not only possible but quite easy to replace DCP with AC800F - You can even use rack IOs with it. Simply configure new AC800F controller in Hardware manager and reassign PS resources from DCP10 to AC800F. AC800M is not supported in Freelance.
2. Of course You will need the same version of system components on all system nodes (Engineering Station, Operator Station, Controllers), but it dosen't mean You have to upgrade Your system - you can downgrade firmware in Your controller to match Your system as long as Your system supports this type of controller (for example AC900F is supported from version 2013). I strongly recommend upgrading Your system (at least from time to time) for maximum safety.
3. You can ALWAYS use demo version of Freelance components for try out. The only thing You can't do is using it in production.
Hope it helped,
1. It is possible to replace DCP10 to AC800F and I would rather say its recommended to do so.
2. AC800M is not compatibile with Freelance
3. You may use demo version for testing purpose, however for actual running system it is un-authorised to use it, unless you have some technical issue with key, dongle but the same need to be resolved ASAP.