Sattline to AC800M Communications with MMS
We would like to set up MMS communications between a Sattline Controller and an AC800M. The two control systems are on separate control networks using different IP address ranges. We also need to place a firewall between the controllers.
- Is it possible to use MMS directly between these controllers ? Can we use NAT in the firewall or do we need to configure RNRP on a PC somewhere to act as a gateway ?
- What ports does MMS use and what ports need to be opened on the firewall ?
- How will the Sattline Controller and the firewall interact with RNRP ?
- Has anyone done this and made it work ?
Voted best answer
From Manual 3BSE034463-510 D system 800xA netwrok configuration:
MMS 102/tcp Client -> Server
The client needs to be able to reach the server via TCP port 102.
For RNRP to work:
Necessary settings in Managed Switches
For correct continuos operation RNRP requires the following settings:
• Multicasting must be enabled.
• Multicast filtering must be disabled.
• Intelligent Multicast must be disabled.
• IGMP Snooping must be disabled.
The RNRP firewall rules can be found in the firewall configuration files from the system installer: c:\program files (x86)\abb industrial it\system installer\bin\ all the .fwc files give the rules for the windows firewalls for the different node types.