Unable to setup connection between controller & server
I am at precommissiong stage on ARP site. It is my first commissioning site.
We have used COMPACT CONTROL BUILDER AC800M 5.1, with
800XA , PLC CONNECT.
The query is:
we have made LAN(CAT6 CABLE) connections from Controller to our Ethernet Switch(Managed), and from there to our Server PC. Then, I followed recommended steps for setting IP as:
thus I choose,it as 172.16.4.11, and SUBNET MASK as: 255.255.252.0
and after validating, clicked OK. It didnt provide me any connection established
I tried it in other way also, by connecting the Controller directly on my laptop,for a trail check, and continued with same IP, but ended with same .
ONE FIRST MAJOR POINT IS : DO I NEED TWO LAN PORTS ON pc SYSTEM, FOR COMPLETE CONNECTION, or ONLY ONE IS ENOUGH? THE HOW WILL WE CONNECT CLIENTS TO SERVER ?. AS REDUNDANT CONTROLLER IS USED.
I have a doubt on foll. points, kindly support ASAP :
1) We have to use 172.16.4.1X series OR 172.16.4.2XX series? on what basis we choose 1 or 2 in last segment? Are they according to nodes connectec?
2) ONE OF MY MAIN QUERY IS , WHAT STEPS ARE THERE TO CHECK WHICH AMONG FOUR SYSTEMS, IS THE SERVER COMPUTER? WHAT STEPS FOR IT? because as we must be setting IP firstly on SERVER PC only.
3) Do i need to UPDATE the HOST file ?and then Restart. ?
4) DO i need to first enable TCP/IP first ? if yes, then HOW?
SUGGEST ME BASIC STEPS FOR IT.
I have tried many times for the connection.
SEEKING SUPPORT ASAP, AS I AM ON SITE.
THANKS FOR THE PRECIOUS TIME.
Connect the Primary Controller with the laptop/any pc.
Select COM4 and click connect. And reset the controller.
Give the IP.
Controller IP should be in range from 172.16.4.151 - 172.16.4.220/255 (primary).
172.17.4.151 - 172.17.4.220/255 (Secondary)
No need to give separate IP for redundant. Just give as Backup CPU (follow same procedure with primary controller and opt for backup cpu.
Then follow the below procedures for the setting up the IP & downloading the firmware.
Use the tool IPConfig to establish contact between the engineering station and the controller and change the IP address.
You can start the IPConfig tool by:
Start | Programs | ABB Industrial IT 800xA | Engineering | Utilities | IPConfig
1. Connect your PC with the controller using a TK212 cable connected to serial port on your PC and to the toolport (COM4) on the AC 800M controller.
2. Choose the COM port on your PC by click on “Settings”
3. Press “Connect”
The IPConfig status bar will change from Not Connected to Connecting.
4. Make a long (more than 3 seconds) Init of the controller, release the init button when the Run LED start to blink.
After the system-reset button has been pushed it takes approximately 10s before IPConfig detects the system reset and the status bar changes to System reset detected waiting for controller start-up.
If the connection fails, a message box will indicate Connect failed, Time-Out. The reason may be the following:
- The serial cable is not connected correctly.
- Too long time elapsed between clicking the Connect button and the
system reset of the controller.
5. When IPConfig is connected the status bar will change to Connected.
6. To set the submask, you must enter advanced mode by choose “Settings” and choose the “Advanced mode”.
7. Modify IP address, press “Set IP” and the text boxes will show the current controller IP address settings.
When the new IP address has been stored successfully the status bar will show “Controller IP configuration updated”.
NOTE! Do not use IPConfig for a controller when an application is running in it. IPConfig will delete every application in the controller.
Ethernet addresses are kept in the flash memory. Always close IPConfig when you are done with it, because IPConfig uses the tool port (Com4) and the rest of the CPUs channels will be locked.
After setting the controller’s IP address with the IP-config tool, you must do the IP address settings of the controller in CBM in two steps:
1. Right click the Controller, choose “Properties > System Identity” and then set the desired IP address of the controller.
The System Identity is the network address of the selected controller. The network address is shown beside the controller icon in the Project Explorer tree.
NOTE! The default address is 172.16.0.0
2. Open the controller’s PM8xx/TP830 and then double click the first Ethernet.
This will open a new window, click on the “Settings” tab, then set the same IP address and subnet mask as you have set with the IPConfig tool.
NOTE! The system identity should normally correspond to the setting for Ethernet 1 on the AC800M.
The upgrade of the CPU firmware can be done either from the serial line connected to the toolport (COM4) on your controller or over Ethernet. The Serial Firmware Upgrade tool is intended to be used as a last resort, if the normal firmware upgrade procedure, for some reason, fails.
The most comfortable way is to use the Control Builder, because you will be able to compare the current firmware in the controller with the firmware on the hard disk.
1. Select “Remote System”.
2. Press “Show Firmware Information”.
3. Compare the firmware on disk with the firmware in the controller
4. Select the firmware which has to be downloaded and press “Download Firmware”.
For any more information required, go through T308 manuals.
I'm not able to attach any attachements here.
If you need more info, let me know..