Tag-type vs tag?
I am a new DigiVis500 user from Hong Kong, and want to know more about the programming of Graphic Builder. The questions are listed below:
1. I want to build a new tag to call a faceplate. I have used a create tag-type from OPC Items, create a new tag-type button, and the new tag-type can show in Project tree list under Tag-Type Lib. However, it can't found in System -> tag list.
2. I want to set the temperature variable (integer) in graphic display.How can I build a text input box in Graphic Display?
3. I want to build a time scheduler to open and close some PLC. Any example can help me?
Voted best answer
In answer to your questions:
1. If You like to use Tag-type, You must have access to proper OPC data AND instantiate it. Think about Tag-Type Lib as a Class container - the system knows type definition, but You need an Object to really use it. You create this Object by instantiating it in OPC item list (see picture below).
One more thing - the OPC data must be recognizable for the tag-type, so all variables You use in tag-type must come from single tag on the other side of OPC connection AND all variables form that tag must be used. It is becouse the main use for tag-types is recreating faceplates from OPC data only.
2. This one is quite simple - just choose one of the elements (like alphanumeric display or button) and assign Action to it - in this case "write variable". You can do it in Parameter window (just double click the choosen object to get this window) by cliking "Action" button in "General" Tab. After setting the action type on "Write variable" just write the proper variable name below. You can also change some other options by pressing "Operation" button.
3. I don't really get this one. Could You please explain what do You mean by "open and close some PLC"?