PPA Notification icon
1) In 800xA Base 4.1 Version i find Afw Tray icon which normally i do not see in higher versions.
What is Afw Tray icon?
2) In one of the client machine of 4.1, PPA Tool icon disappeared from my taskbar. How to bring it back? Unlike 5.1 or higher versions Notification icon is not found under Tool Menu. From where will i get it in 4.1?
Unfortunately the 800xA system's tray icon does not show an impressive service record. Quite frequently it goes red for no good reason.
The purpose of the icon is to show the 800xA service state from the perspective of the local node it is viewed from. It can also be used to launch the Configuration Wizard and AfwServiceConnectionViewer tool. The latter shall NOT be mistaken för the System Status Viewer, but is quite frequently referred to as showing system services state, which it may show correct, sometimes.
1) Green (=at least one running aspect server is in reach; it should be possible to launch a workplace)
2) Red (=no running aspect server in reach; not possible to open workplace)
3) Red/padlock (=service account login failure -> check service account settings, passord, etc)
4) No icon (=abnormal state, tray icon service failure, etc)
Unfortunately states 2 and 4 may be shown even if system is OK.
The icon is driven by a regular Windows service; in 5.x I believe the name is ABB System Notification Icon; previously I think it was called AfwTray Icon, etc. Search and you will find it close to the top of the list of services. Restarting it may recover the icon.