Advacommand 1.6/3 Operator Station Not Booting - Cannot load IPL
We have an Advant Operator Station (Advacommand 1.6/3 - HP 715/64) with the following issues:
1) The station deos not boot up and keep on looping in the boot phase.
2) Tried to check the status of RTA board during boot phase but not possible as it asks for max dialog password. (tried aosmaxd0, aosmaxd1).
3) Tried to reload the station from scratch. The station detects the DAT Drive at ID SCSI.3.0 but when command was given to boot from SCSI.3.0, it immediately terminates with error " Cannot load IPL".
Kindly suggest/share your views.
Voted best answer
2. Remove the number and I believe the password will work. Or boot in single user mode to bypass password (hpux -is ...).
3. Probably defective DAT device or media. Try a cleaning cartridge, then another DAT tape device (its not unusual that they start to malfunction with age) and/or media.