operator client stopped
after ghost copy to operator client 6 of 800xa v5.0.2 system on this operator stopped and gave this message:
verify domain settingsand user accounts
use system software user settings in the afw config wizard to reset the lock status
You say you made a "ghost copy". You can't just copy one node to another with ghost to make a new client.
If you retored a disk ... Ghost Backups are designed to restore the SAME node after a disk failure. This means that things like the Windows System ID (SID) etc remain unchanged. A restored computer should rejoin to the same domain with relatively little trouble. You may need to run the AfwConfigWizard to set the Service Account names and passwords ( ie the system settings) after a node is restored. That is what your AfwTrayIcon is telling you to do.
If you actually "Copied" one computer to another using a Ghost image file, then there is a lot more work to do.
- The computer name and IP address must be changed.
- The computer must be removed from then joined to the domain again.
- The 800xA cache must be deleted.
- The 800xA system identity must be deleted from the registry.
- The Node must be added back into the 800xA system as a new computer.
( Sorry, I dont want to post on an open forum about how to mess with registry settings as this is potentially quite dangerous. )
The domain controller is not reachable (possibly due to improper cloning) and/or System Software User Settings are stale need to be re-applied.
As already mentioned by others, there are a few mandatory measures required after cloning of one running computer into another running computer:
- Change hostname
- Change IP-address
- A duplicated SID is not critical to System 800xA, AFAIK.
- Rejoin domain
- Removal of IndustrialITData + Temp folders*
- Removal of 800xA System Registry key*
- Apply correct service account in System Software User Settings
- Insertion as new client/server using proper methods (Add C/S or "Connect Node")
*) The two latter ones is preferably done prior cloning. E.g. by "Disconnect" or "Remove" Client.
Cloning is not officially documented in any System 800xA User's Guide.