RNRP Fault Tracer - Error
On RNRP Fault Tracer, two network adapters plantwide return errors when checked for
"Search own networks for nodes with configuration or network errors"
1. SystErrLog=595, errNo=5010 param=AC11048E
SystErrLog=595, errNo=5010 param=AC11048D
2. SystErrLog=595, errNo=5010 param=AC110419
SystErrLog=595, errNo=5010 param=AC11041A
what this error means and how to fix it.
Voted best answer
I think there is no document available to say to what this error code is.
Suggest to clear the log buffers and recheck (sometimes though the error is cleared,still it shows from buffer)
Check the RNRP Host files are updated with correct IP addresses and in general check network configuration of the node which points this error.(Refer Network configuration manual for details)
If you still face the problem, please contact the regional supportline for the help.
..From the error messages you gave, It looks like you have problems with following nodes..
172.17.4.42, 172.17.4.215, 172.17.4.25, 172.17.4.26
....Check the secondary connection for the above nodes and re-run the query.
This may become quite technical, so I recommend that you contact your regional ABB support office and have them to initiate a support case.
The error log is returned when connection is lost on SECONDARY network and RNRP fail to add a temporary routing entry via the PRIMARY network.
The error number seem to indicate that this route has already been added?
The nodes that were lost are:
- AC110419 = 172.17.4.25
- AC11041A = 172.17.4.26
- AC11048D = 172.17.4.141
- AC11048E = 172.17.4.142
1. What System 800xA version are you using?
2. What node reports these error logs (client, aspect server, connectivity server, AC800 controller, etc)?
3. What does the network map look like in the node reporting the error logs?
Use RNRP Fault Tracer and option 2 & 3:
- 2 - Get configuration parameters and error logs from one node
- 3 - Get network map from one node
4. Does the problem return if you clear the error and check for errors again?
Use RNRP Fault Tracer and option 4, then 11.
- 4 - Change log conditions in one node (for experts)
- - 11 - Clear log buffers
5. Please try to give some more background to the problem (e.g. what these four nodes are and possibly why connection was lost, etc).