MMS communication between two SIL soft controllers are not happening in FP3
Am using, multiple soft controller pro in FP3 and have two soft controllers configured for HI. the MMSRead block in one of the application provides error as true.
have checked for IP address and names and found no issues.
Is there any issues wit FP3 or soft controller Pro for SIL communications
Voted best answer
The following should work, but isnt tested ....
- Configure your controllers are REAL controllers, not soft controllers
- Enable Hardware Simulation in Control Builder.. Tools -> Setup -> Application -> HWSimulation Allowed.
- Simulate your controller hardware .. Right Click Controller -> Properties -> Simulate
- Set the controller System Identity .... softcontroller_host_ip:MMS_Process_Number
- In your application, configure the MMS Partner address as Softcontroller_host_ip:MMS_Process_Number
- Download your code
You can also enable MMS Comms in Test Mode ...
-Tools -> Setup -> Test Mode Switches -> MMSVarClientInTestMode
There are restrictions in using MMS in HI applications. Make sure you are using supported fucntion blocks.
Check your server (where MMSDefHI is defined) is of SIL3. If yes, then set 'ServerIsSIL3' in MMSReadHI module as TRUE.
And make sure you transfer only following types in your MMS communictaion.
Type Size (number of components)
Bool 4, 8, 16 or 32
Int, Uint, Word 1 or 2
Dint, Dword, Real 1