Operator Workplace doesn't show data, MOD300 Connect. SV5.1 REVD FP4
The switches and network adapters of all machines are configured to 100MB/Seg too. All machines have installed the lasted Qualified Security Updates for System 800xA. The antivirus is configured as described in the manual.
Voted best answer
Ok, if some clients allways work then that should eliminate the MOD300 controllers DCN and MOD connectivty etc as being the likely cause. This is likely a site specific issue, so patching to latest updates, etc is unlikely to resolve your problem.
The first thing to check is allways your RNRP and network settings. EVERYTHING must be correct on every workstation, server and IP router.
if one workstation is unreliable and used more than another, then swap it with one that works and see if the problem moves.
Assuming you have a redundant OPC server ( and you really should, the MOD300 OPC server is a weak point in your system ) then then next thing to check is your workstation affinity settings. It is possible that one of your redundant OPC servers is not responding properly, so any clients connected to that server will fail. By adjusting affinity settings or by stopping ONE of the servers in a redundant pair you can isolate if a server is at fault or if it is the client. If you are using the default affinity settings then the client workstations connect to either of the redundant servers sort of at random ( it isnt really random, but its not allways obvious how they will connect )
First of all very good explanation of the problem. All Details have been mentioned.
To troubleshoot, my suggestion would be:
- Since you have single MOD Connectivity server, your MOD connectivity server should NOT appear in CS_Affinity. If this is configured, remove it. we have seen issues with affinity done on non-redundant servers.
- Check MOD OPC Subscritption aspect, the valie should be less than 3000. If its more, then MOD OPC has a great load.
- You have mentioned that LOgoff/logon resolves the issue, have you tried closing and reopeing the workplace. Just to drill down the issue.
- In Network Adapters, Ensure "FlowControl" and "Recieve Side Scaling" are disabled.
- When Data stops coming, have you tried pining the MOD CS.
- In your Problem description, you have mentioned that workstation has been changed, How? You have reinstalled freshly or rstored the Image.
A) From a failed graphic display, click the background and select Diagnostics...
B) Select the third tab (Subscriptions)
C) Study the Quality codes
Please find out the quality code and have local ABB support to assist you to translate it.
With one or two exceptions, the quality code comes from the OPC server itself (the 800xA OPC DA framework can be considered a "hoze" - what you get in the client end is what the OPC server inserted from his end).