How do i setup communication between the ABB System and Radio frequency Sytem?
> "What do i need to do?"
- Read the manuals, especially the comm protocols
- Use the example Modbus App that you can download from this site
- Use the AC800M Programming cable to connect the CI853 to a standard serial port
If Polling is enabled on the MB link then the remote PLC must respond to a Poll request before the MBconnect goes valid. Set the poll interval to zero to disable polling and check if the MBConnect goes valid. If not, you havent configured the AC800M side properly yet.
In addition to Rob advices (also many other issues for that in the forum):
1. Cable diagram is shown below
2. Attach MODBUS protocol to your COM port in Control Builder Hardware (e.g. COM1 on CI853 = address 2.1 in channel below)
3. Connect the slave e.g. slave address 2 (try different than 1, 1 usually is master)
4. MBConnect parameters
Channel = Var_ch; string; retain; '2.1'
Partner = Var_partner; string; retain; '2'
ID = Var_ID; ModBusCommLib.Comm_Channel_MB; retain
Note - poll time advise of Rob = 0
If everything is OK, you should have Valid = true. Did you check if both LED's on Rx/Tx are blinking? This will show you phisycal connection.
5. Use pulse generator output at MBRead Req input