SV6.0 Installation and Configuration
For first time installing 800xA SV6.0 I am facing some issue;
- I missed some function on the server node after deployed. When i added missing function, configuration console tell me that the new function Not deployed. Clicked on the deploy system button it always finished with pending status. Closing the pop up window show me the new function status was Needs redeploy. For note, i add Factory Sysmbol function on the server node.
- Add client node from configuration console resulted the system on the client successfully deployed but the system always on Disable status even after restarting the client node. Since then i removed the node client on the configuration console and re-add client node from configuration wizard. By this way, the system on the client node was enable and running perfectly. However adding client node from configuration wizard was not sync with configuration console, the new client node added on the configuration wizard was not registered/listed on the configuration console.
If it is pending and cannot complete the deploy process, you can click on the green progress bar, it gives some information what is pending. Try to do it manually and redeploy, you may get out of this.
Actually for Factory Symbol, you can install it manually from MediaRepository, no need to go through the SCC.
Please note that once you remove a node from SCC, it is not possible to add it back again, unless you reinstall that node from scratch (reinstall windows OS). I still managed to add node back without reinstall windows but I don't have a standard procedure for that. Just try and try.
When you open Configuration Wizard, there is a popup message telling you what tasks you need to do with SCC instead of Configuration Wizard. Please follow strictly.
- Creation of new system
- Connecting a client node
- Add and remove of clients and servers
- System extension handling
If you did some tasks with Configuration Wizard and it is not synchronizing with SCC, there seem to be no way to fix. Your last chance is to follow below procedure:
- Make a system full backup
- Delete the system
- Create a new system
- Open Plant Explorer, export 2 aspects:
Admin Structure/Domains/Root/System Configuration
Admin Structure/Domains/Root/System Configuration State
Save this file.
- Delete the system
- Restore the system from your full back up.
- Import the exported file right after your system is restored (don't open SCC)
- Open SCC
- Add nodes and configure functions again (you'll encounter some errors during this step but it is possible to get out of it if you do the error step manually)