PLC Connect Controller Addressing for Communicating Modbus Registers
I have been trying to Communicate Modbus TCP data to 800xA at server level, I am using PLCconnect here to do so.
1. I have created a Generic PLC Control Network object then configured it with a Service Group/Provider.
2. Then created a Controller of "PLC Controller Type" and edited the drivers to use "Modbus TCP/IP Driver Version 5.0.1-1". assigned the Modbus Slave ID & Remote IP Address.
3. Under Controller I have created a "PLC Byte" type object to read the Input/Holding register.
4. Selected the Signal configuration Aspect and gave the address as "HR40100" to read the Holding register value which is at 40100 addres & also tried using "IR30100" to read the address of Input registers at 30100 address.
5. Now the problem comes, when i enter the address "CS00100" OR "IS10100" to read the Coil Status OR Inputs status in a newly created "Birary" type object then i get the error "Address Not allowed", i have tried many combinations such as "C00100" & "I10100" etc but i get the same error saying "Address Not Allowed".
Is there any syntax to read to Binary values i.e Coil status Or Input status from Modbus slave when we communicate using "PLCConnect controller". ?
I can read Real values by entering the address syntax"HR40100" & "IR30100". i always deploy the changes before i check the value.
please advice, attaching the screenshot of coinfugrations.