AC800M TX LED in CN1 Port is OFF
Request for support to troubleshoot the issue below.
1. Both Primary & Secondary AC800M TX LED in CN1 Port is OFF? Why its not Transmitting?
2. Both Primary & Secondary AC800M RX LED in CN1 Port is ON
3. Both Primary & Secondary AC800M TX LED in CN2 Port is ON
4. Both Primary & Secondary AC800M RX LED in CN2 Port is ON
Controller (Redundant) getting ping from CMD.
RNRP shows (...., Up) for the Controller.
in the 1....Ethernet, Hardware Unit Status shows the ErrorandWarnings as "No Communication".
In this situatrion can we Take out the cable from CN2 port?
How to overcome this issue?
It depends on your HW configuration of the redundant CPU and ETH ports. You didn't attached any picture or snapshot.
From the provied information I can see that the active port is CN2. May be for some reason, CN1 connection failed and the CPU's switched to CN2.
Before to disconnect cables, you should check that CN1 connections are OK. Can you acknowledge that warrnings to CN1 from Control Builder ("No Communication").
Please note, the CPU will fail in case both eth ports are not available !
Seems like there is a problem with CN1 port, cable or switch.
Given RNRP's view (...,Up) you do not have communication on the primary port. Hence I would not pull CN2 cable if controller is controlling a live process.
Does RNRP show any errors for this CPU if you use "1. Find nodes with problems and errors" option in the RNRP Fault Tracer?
Does the switch have some Management Software with which you can check for the port settings, errors, etc?
0. Pull and reinsert CN1 cable
1. Try changing port number for CN1 in the switch end (sometimes switch ports go bad)
2. Try changing cable (CN2'a cable could be used, but only if you can permit loss of communication while performing the test).
3. If nothing of the above helps, try restarting the CPU
But in any case, I recommend filing a regular support case with your regional ABB support center.