wire fault detection (line monitoring) in S800 IO and AC800M controller
we want to use AC800M controller (essential automation) and S800 IO system. but we need Line monitoring capability (wire break and short circuit detection) for digital and analog modules. we need to receive report of line fault and display in HMI.
there are below question:
1- for DI/DO single signals: some of them are IS and some not. what modules can I use?what solution?
2- for DI-DO redundant signals: DI840 and DO 840 don't support wire break detection. what should I do?
3- for AI and AO signal(4 to 20mA): which modules are suitable? can we detect wire break when signal is lower than 4 mA? and also short circuit when higher than 20mA? or special modules are needed?
4- can I use DI-DO-880 with PM866 CPU? they support line monitoring.
thanks in advance for your help
1. The proposed by sharath_guddana are the best techniques to do that
despite of that:
Please check ABB link for I/O Modules for Compact:
2. DI/DO880 are High Integrity modules = SIL 3/2/1 (in case you need that option, you should use PM865 HI - these are a special products)
3. Have a look at the following modules:
- DI885 with SOE & wire-fault detection
- DO815 with wire fault detection
- Normally all AI/AO supports broken wire. also under- and over- (in 4-20 mA mode)