AC500 Module AI523: 16 or only 8 analog inputs?
Hello everyone, i'm drafting a project with an AC500 PLC that needs 14 analog 4-20mA inputs: an AI523 module (16 AI channels) should work, but a coleague warned me that he had trouble using those modules, and only 8 inputs would work.
Does anyone have experience with theese modules?
Thank you all,
I am giving crystal clear answer for your question.
If your analog inputs are 4-20mA or 0-20mA or 0-10V or -10 V...+10 V or 2 wire RTD input then you can utilize all the channels.
But your inputs are as per below list, then it will consume 2 channels for each input. Refer below list
1.Analog input Pt100, -50 °C...+400 °C (3-wire), requires 2 channels *)
2. Analog input 0...10 V via differential inputs, requires 2 channels *)
3. Analog input -10 V...+10 V via differential inputs, requires 2 channels *)
4. Analog input Pt100, -50 °C...+70 °C (3-wire), requires 2 channels *)
5. Analog input Pt1000, -50 °C...+400 °C (3-wire), requires 2 channels *)
6. Analog input Ni1000, -50 °C...+150 °C (3-wire), requires 2 channels *)
* *) In the operating modes with 3-wire configuration or with differential inputs, two adjacent analog inputs belong together (e.g. the channels 0 and 1). In these cases, both channels are configured in the desired operating mode. The lower address must be the even address (channel 0). The next higher address must be the odd address (channel 1). The converted analog value is available at the higher address (channel 1).
I hope this answer satisfied your question.