Can I connect Operator Station of OS 64 bit to 800xA I,Apesct Server 5.1 Rev B 32 Bit system?
Could anyone help me in the below mentioned queries:
1. Can I install 5.1 RevB 32 bit 800xA software on Windows 7 64Bit OS system Operator Station?
2. If So, Can I connect the Operator station of 64 Bit OS with 5.1 Rev B 32 Bit to 800xA System Aspect Server which has 32 Bit OS with 5.1 Rev B 32 Bit Version?
The Issue is Customer wants to replace Operating station with new one, But purchased Win7 64 Bit OS pre-installed system instead of Win7 32 Bit OS system.
Thanks in advance.
Read the installation guide and release notes for restrictions and what operating systems can be mixed together at which release.
From memory, usually no - prior to RevD you can't mix Win32 and Win64 bit systems, but you might get away with a 64 bit client on a system with all 32 bit servers.
In any case, it should not be too difficult to re-install the new PC with a 32 bit version of windows using the license key of the workstation you are replacing.
- 5.1 blank require 32-bit OS
- 5.1 RevA and 5.1 FP1 came on two different media kits 32 and 64-bit. Mix is NOT supported.
- 5.1 RevB and 5.1 FP2 and all subsequent versions came on a media good for both 32 and 64. Mix is supported. Pick and choose as you like. OS replacement on existing nodes is also OK.
If possible, use 64-bit OS for operator workstations. The 2GB virtual memory limit is quickly reached with modern setup with rich graphics and multiple hi-res monitors.
Actually, you should restart any workplace on 32-bit OS that have reached 1.5 GB virtual memory as reported by Windows Performance Monitor, Powershell, etc.. Do not trust the Task Manager's "Commit Size" figure, its too low.