GIS connection to ABB SCADA
i need to Plan SCADA/DCS system to which a GIS (Geographical infomation system) will be connected.
AC500 PLC , use with Digivis500 HMI, use of additional OPC server and software tool for this.
Freelance DCS system,system use Digivis500 HMI or 800Xa
AC800M system with 800Xa and additional OPC server
Well, it depends ......
- What sort of GIS system is going to be "connected" ?
- Has it got a web interface ? or some sort of API or even OPC support ?
- What sort of data does it need to get from the controllers ?
- Who is programming the GIS ?
- Is it an off-the shelf commercial package, an open source system or just a simple link to google maps ?
- How much of the Operator interface depends on displaying the GIS - only one or 2 simple displays or absolutely everything needs to appear on GIS displays ?
The choice of control system really should be driven first by the type of Plant that youre trying to control. Once you've made that decision it might be easier to choose the HMI ( Digivis or 800xA) to put on top of it.