No mapping between accountnames and security ids...
I am going to be crazy soon.
Have installed 800xA for more then 10years and some times I have got the error "no mapping between accounts and security IDS was done" when I am installing a domain computer. It is in the configuration wizard when it should setup windows users. Earlier I have made some small changes, or reinstalled windows and got it working.
But, now I am stuck. I have reinstalled 20 times, reinstalled domain controllers, tested differens domain raising levels and so on...
What is the background to this error?? The 800xA version is 5.1 64-bit, the operatingsystem i am running is Server 2008R2 Sp1 Enterprise.
I would really appreciate i fast answer because i have to have the system reade on monday, a new domain with three DC and around 10 800xA nodes. Then connect to a newer multisystem....
Please give me some hints..
Best Regards // Mattias
>"I have also put the computer in the domain manually before start of installation."
I think this *may* be your problem. The wizard also tries to add the computer to the domain, and can potentially have problems trying to reconcile local security identies with domain security identites.
I assume that you're not trying to install 800xA onto a domain controller. Personally I've never had much luck combining 800xA servers and DC's and I would allways avoid doing this. The only 800xA component that should run on the DC's is RNRP.
Remove the computer from the domain, remove the Domain computer accounts from ActiveDirectory and all the DNS entries. Remove any remaining old domain user identies from the computer. Then run the install and let the wizard join the workstation to the domain for you.
Good input from Rob.
The output of "whoami /all" shall list the domain groups when run from any 800xA account, most important the 800xA service account (I could not see that in the image). try adding this filter:
C:\> whoami /all | find /i "industrial"
Sometimes, I've seen the automated installer creating *local* versions of the IndustrialITUser and Admin groups even when domain is used.
This is wrong (when using domain setup) and you must remove those local groups and ensure the domain groups are assigned in the System Software User Settings dialog of the Configuration Wizard.
Generally you will get the error No mapping between accountnames and security ids... only when you have deleted/modified the user name but still that user is in use (orphaned).
So try create disconnect the domain and try to rejoin again and add installer and service users as local admin then run again the installer in installer account.
check net users
dcdiag in the domain controllers and check the users are present and check for any windows logs for a clue.
Try running gpupdate /force