One Signal to Slience Alarm of Two seperate 800XA System
In site we have two 800xA system , If operator press Alarm Silence both system Alarm sound need to Silenced.
We have try to use one varible configured in controller and same varible if readby 800xa system for alarm slicese , But it doesn't work.
Any one explain step by step , with configurations.
1. Workplace Audible Alarm
- Sound is driven by workplace through PC speakers
- Silence is made from the audible alarm icon or a verb
2. External Alarm
- An arbitrary boolean property of your choice will be set to true/false
- The boolean can be located in a PLC and be made to e.g. drive a horn or strobe light
- Silence can be made from external alarm silence button or a verb (or via OPC)
Both of these work within one 800xA system only.
If you have multiple systems and want to share alarm sound & silence states, you probably have to use the second method (external alarm) and some IO wiring or cross communications between two PLCs so that they can interchange alarm state and silence commands.