PNSM on Dell Precision R7910, Dell PowerVault MD3820i and Synology RS815RP+i
Does any one have a solution/devices for PNSM on the following hardware:
Dell Precision R7910 - Workplace with windows 8 - we are using Basic Computer Monitoring - but we would like to have supervision on ex. power supplies.
Dell PowerVault MD3820i - SAN
Synology RS815RP+i - NAS
Jørn Møller Sandbæk
If you can not find a PNSM asset below ABB Library > Control Systems > 800xA > System > PC Network and Software Monitoring you should ask your regional ABB sales representative for help.
Maybe some of the other Dell assets work with this new client (I can see that SE46 certificates have been published so the computer is to some degree "supported").
With some skills and reverse engineering of some other similar PNSM asset you may be able to create your own asset.
- Download related MIB files from vendor
- Import MIBs
- Use some MIBWalker to identify appropriate properties for reading status from power supply, disk, etc.
- Create own SNMP type [Library Structure]PNSM Library/IT Status Devices/ROOT_SNMP/...
- Create own object type, add IT Device(s) aspects from SNMP type
- Instantiate object type
- Configure settings and populate with IT Device Manager
- Develop process graphics
- Add alarm expressions