800xA License Server not availible
In a new installation 5.1 Rev C on the Aspect Server 1:
If Central License and Base System is installed all seems ok but if I open the Configuration Wizard an error message say that the central license server is not reachable.
All is on the same machine. A temporary license is installed. RNRP looks good.
After create System and loading of the license extension it is still the same. Also with the redundant aspect server.
Connection Status: No Error
with every application start: central license server not reachable, Error Code 0x4ABF0
What could be wrong?
Voted best answer
Have you checked if the license service is running on the server (Windows Start/Administrative Tools/Services)?
The service should be with Status as "started" and "automatic" Startup Type.
I had a similar issue when I once changed the 800xaService password. The change is (or was) not automatically updated in the service, which I upated manually.
Open IIS Service Manager on the license server node (Start -> Run... -> InetMgr.exe).
1. Expand "LOCALHOST\\Application Pools". Make sure ABBCLSAppPool status is "started".
2. Expand "LOCALHOST\\Sites\\Default Web Site". Make sure "ABBLicense" site is in the list and it is properly configured and started.
Also, try disable running firewall (if such installed and enabled).
Hope it helps
Firewall was off, but I have found the root of the problem.
All the servers were made by sysprep. In the sysprep image we had all the server roles well configured. It seems that sysprep keep the roles but some detail configuration was set back to default values. (ASP, Server Pages a.s.o)
We had corrected that yesterday but it had no quick effect. But today, after some reboots, it works well.
I think, the tip from linkinx86 would have lead me also in this direction.
Thanks to all of you!