Request timeout when upload TTD Log
When I want to upload TTD log from AC450 in 800xA V5.0, i have this message:
reason: request to controller timed out without a reply from the controller.
What can i do?
1. Ensure the TTD Source aspect (located in the root of the MB300 network) is pointing to the correct service groups and that those services groups have providers running in "Service state". Try cycling the TTD Configuration service to recover it in case it has ended up in some bad state.
2. Ensure the controller's TTD task are running (DCTA200, DCTA500 and DCTA600) - i.e. does not show "Dormant" state when querying for status with the LTI command. These tasks can abort, e.g. if there is a problem with the TTD log configuration (e.g. if a database record has been deleted with some inappropriate low level delete command)
3. Check if any DCTAxxx system messages are generated in AC450 when performing warmstart (ECONFIG -> DICONFIG).
4. Check if any system messages are output at RTA (check both redundant) when trying to upload.
5. TTD tasks can be restarted at any time w/o affecting the controller. Use "KIT" to kill all three above (ensure they are stopped; autostarting tasks may need 3 consecutive/fast KITs to come to a halt). Then use "ACT DCTA100" to run the startup sequence starting the others (DCTA100 will then abort itself which is normal).
5. Use RTA Board Config expert tool "TSTM" to turn on 'TTD Config test messages' (logging) on function 2 and function 7 in the menu presented when giving TSTM command.
Select function ( 1 - 17 ) ? 2 <CR>
Activate/deactivate test messages ( not active ) ? 1 <CR>
Include system time presentation ( active ) ? 1 <CR>
Node identity ( -1,-1 ) ? <CR>
Repeat same for function 7
To stop logging enter 0 instead of 1 when asked for active/not active.
The trace will reveal if RTA send any signal (and to whom...) to controller and if controller respond. Below parts from a successful upload from node 54: