800xA Soft Alarm Category Definition - Creating a new Group/Category
Good afternoon community,
I am trying to create some Alarm Expression aspects that are assigned to their own Alarm and Event Category. I've proved that my alarm expression works by assigning it an existing category. However, when create my own Soft Alarm Category Definition aspect in the ABB 800xA Soft Alarms OPC Server (Alarm Collection Defintion,) reconfigure my Alarm Expression to use this category, and then reconfigure my alarm list to filter on this category... no alarms are generated.
It appears as if everything is in place, but the my new Soft Alarm Category Definition isn't collecting anything. Is there something I'm missing? The manuals don't really provide great examples of how to do this.
This is not a documented, nor officially supported procedure.
I managed to create a new alarm expression category following these steps:
- creating a new SoftAlarm Category Definition aspect (on the ABB 800xA Soft Alarms OPC Server object in the Library Structure)
- giving the new category a unique name
- marking the Condition checkbox
- selecting a category group (to ease/enable filtering on group level)
- restarting the SoftAlarm Service
- creating an alarm expression using this new category
I believe you fell on the restart.