Update Rate of OPC Property?
I was going over your answer for the following thread:
I've been trying to follow the procedure you advised. However, when I try to execute step 5, i.e insert the objects in the Functional Structure, the BDM gives errors that it cannot create the instance. (I've attached the files for reference)
I did the following:
- Export the Control Structure objects in Excel.
- Make a new Object with appropiate Control Connection in the Object Type Structure
- "Throw" this new objects' Control Connection in a new Excel sheet to define the Data coloums.
- Copy the data Exported data of Control Structure and paste it in this selection.
- Change Root from Control Structure to Functional Structure for this data
I get the overall procedure of how this should work but am just stuck at step 5. Seems like I am making a simple mistake somewhere. Any help would be great!
1 . Do NOT create a root object, you already have a root
2. Do NOT create Root.Kepware or any of the OPC Generic objects in the functional structure - ONLY create your specific object types, ie. OPC_AI. You can use "Generic Objects" or other simple object types (Area, Site, Building, Tank Farm etc) to organize these if you want to arrange them by Functional Location. You cannot place Generic OPC Objects in the Functional Structure.
3. Do not subscript the "Description" or "Name" fields, these are collected automatically by the Name Uploader
Try without BDM first (step 4 and 5 is only really necessary when there are many objects).
Create type with Property names + Update Rate as you like
Insert one (1) instance of type into Functional Structure
If everything goes well, you will have this one instance "inserted" back into the Control Structure, but now with an Control Connection having the correct OPC Item ID, but with your own desired update rate.
Step 4 and 5 require some knowledge in BDM... I'm no pro on BDM...
Try without BDM and only a few instances and we'll have a go at how to use BDM later.