SD-Card slot on AC700F
Are there any uses for the SD card slot on the AC700F controller (PM 783F)?
I've looked for literature on the subject but cannot find any and I am sure I saw a topic stating it would be utilised in Freelance 2013.
Thanks in advance.
Voted best answer
Happy New Year 2014 and thanks for your interest in new version Freelance 2013.
As per document "2PAA103858 M&I - AC 700F Controller.pdf", page 22 it says slot for SD card without support. Yet I have not played with AC 700F V2013, hence will confirm on monday after playing with ac 700F if there is any update missing in document,but sure SD card slot functioning with AC 900F new controller. so you got a reason to play with new controller AC 900F in new year 2014 :)
Procedure for taking Application backup from AC700F Controller to SD Card:
1. Insert SD Card to AC700F Controller (application should loaded and running in AC700F controller).
2. Press CFG key available in AC700F controller, Controller will display "Backup" option and press Ok(hold for sometime) until display changes to "Wait"
3. The Application/Program file will start loading to SD Card and controller displays "Done" when backup is finished.
4. Remove SD Card from controller, insert SD card in PC(via SD card holder) and SD card contains file named <IPAddr in hexadecial>.cfi
For eg:File name will be in Hexadecimal format, convert to Decimal and check.
AC100120.CFI -> AC=172, 10=16, 01=01, 20=32, so ip address is 172.16.1.32.
Procedure for Restore Application backup from SD card to AC700F Controller:
1. Insert SD card (which has Correct Application/Program) into slot on AC700F Controller.
2. Restart controller (power OFF and power it ON) without battery backup so that no previous application is stored on the controller.
3. Press CFG key (available on controller) during restart the controller until menu (IPAddr) appears.
4. Select "Restore" options by pressing UP/DOWN arrow key and press Ok button and Controller will display "Load" and then "Init"
5. Controller starts loading the Application/Program to controller, after loading is performed it continues with cold start.
6. Remove SD Card, Open the same Application in CBF (.PRO) and go to commissioning mode
7. AC700F rosource node will show "Cold start stopped", press "Run" button available in AC700F controller then application will start "Running".
Hope it helps you....