Facing problem while upgrading xA from V 5.0 to V 5.1
Steps taken for Upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1
1. Made 5.0 Setup ready for 1 Set AS and 1 No. of CS.
2. Restore the Latest 800xA 5.0 Backup in 5.1 Setup.
3. Download the Controller with 5.0 database.
4. Take the 5.0 Backup after download.
5. Made 5.1 setup with 1No. Connectivity Server and 1 set Aspect server.
7. Restore the 5.0 New backup in 5.1 taken is step 4
8. Connect the CS through Node type structure.
9. Force the Value for one tag from 5.0 Setup.
9. Both Connectivites in 5.0 as well as in 5.1 were able to show the value from controller
10. While Opening the Project from xA 5.1 control builder we get pop up window ,asking to upgarde to 5.1 and the same was selected.Then it asked to upgrade three libraries, but this time we selected the option ”NO”.
11. After opening project , we tried to go online from xA 5.1 , but it was not happed.
12. But we are able to warm download to controller from 5.1 Setup.
13. After warm download from 5.1 Setup, It was observed that 5.0 OPC server went down for Data Access with RED cross on graphic element and RED cross on controller IP in OPC server.
15. We are not able to go online & Warm Download after this from 5.0 Setup.
16. Then we recycle the power of controller and observed that OPC server in xA 5.0 became healthy.
First you need to look into why SV 5.1 system was not went online
It means there were some modifications.You can identify those modifications through diffrenece report.
Whenever an application is downloaded to controller,the domain files(*.cdo) and retain files (*cro) wil get created with uniqure version on that system.These files are getting stored in Aspcet directory and it required for the system to fetch data.So when you have given the warm download from SV 5.1 system,new files generated and SV 5.0 system obviously loose data since it had older version.so in this case,these files can be copied into SV 5.0 system from SV 5.1 system,so that data can be available in both the system.