IEC61850 connect limitation
Is there any number of OPC server instances limitation for a single node if we are using AS and CS (AC800M connectivity) together?
What is the limitation of OPC server instances for a separate node?
Do we have any limit difference between 800xa 5.1 and 6.0?
Cecil Jeeva Dhas
Voted best answer
According to the manuals "System Guide Technical Data and Configuration" for SV5.1 FP4 (3BSE041434-510) and SV6.0 (3BSE041434-600), you have the following limits:
- You can have up to 16 OPC Server instances per system
- You can combine 2 OPC Server instance per Connectivity Server if below FP4; and 4 instances per Connectivity Server if SV5.1 FP4.
- You cannot combine IEC61850 Connect in the same node with any other Connects; it has to be a separate computer.
- You can have up to 16 OPC Server instances per system (same as above)
- You can combine 4 OPC Server instance per Connectivity Server (same as SV5.1 FP4)
- Now you can combine IEC61850 Connect in the same node with any other Connects. Then the limit of OPC Server Instances per node goes down to only 2.
The main difference between 5.1 and 6.0 is regarding the possibility to combine IEC61850 Connect with other Connects in the same Connectivity Server. So, in SV6.0 you could do an installation with a single node containing Aspect Server, AC800M Connect and IEC61850 Connect (up to 2 OPC Server instances).
I hope this clarifies your question.
In 800xA 5.1, the Max no. of OPC Server instances per IEC61850 connectivity server is Four instances.
This is applicable for Single Node/Stand alone system as well.
For Eg: If we are having two seperate IEC61850 connectivity server then we have a flexibility of max 8 OPC instances.
Below link the product catalog of 6.0. It says 16 instances maximum per system for IEC61850. The no of instances per server will still remain same (4 per Server)