logs & Trends Storage on Daily Basis
is their any method to reflect the values of logs and trends saved in excel format back in 800xA. for example, if in a month on daily basis we are saving plant kW and kWh continuously for 30 days & after the month ends, the month table changes, however if i want to view the data for previous month (for all 30 days), without looking in to excel. is it possible.?
So you want to save data older than 30 days in Excel sheets and then import the data back into 800xA ? No, that doesnt work,
There are probabaly several ways to do what you want.
- When you run the reports, you can "export" the report to an object in the Scheduling structure. This means that you can save all your reports in 800xA and view them at any time. To save a report, Add an "Object Path" in the action aspect where the report job is scheduled.
- Export the Reports in PDF format. That way the operator stations do not need Excel.
- You can remove old reports from the 800xA system by using a "Report Preferences" aspect to automatically delete old reports
- You can add a list of reports onto a PG2 graphic by using a "View List" graphic element with a LateBoundViewRefArray that points to the Reports in the Scheduling Structure.
- You can keep the source data for longer than 30 days. Basic History can continue storing data long past 30 days. By specifying start and end times for the reports, you can re-create any report at any time from the source data.
Details on how to do all this are in the System 800xA information Management - Data Access and Reports" manual. You don't need an IM, this all works with Data Direct.