800xA OPC DA connection to Siemens T3000 not working
In one of my project 800xA OPC DA established with siemens T3000 system through firewall and Matricon OPC tunneller. One day opc data updation in 800xA stopped working. On investigation we found that values are coming upto Matricon OPC trunneller. On further investigation found that connectivity sever time sync was not working. We set the time in connectivity server manually. And started uploader, now values are coming. Can anyone tell me how time sync and OPC DA related in 800xA ? What should I do to prevent the same problem in future. ?
What is the direction of the OPC connection?
1) T3000 "client" connecting to 800xA "server" via tunneler and OPC DA Server/Surrogate
2) 800xA "client" connecting to T3000 "server" via tunneler and 3rd party OPC server
You mention uploader, that could indicate 2) i.e. that you have added T3000 as 3rd party OPC server network via OPC tunneler. Please confirm.
How did you mesure that data was coming into tunneler? Did you connect a 3rd party OPC client to the tunnel end and verify live data?
One has to remember that adding of a new OPC client, OPC group and OPC item(s) may indicate that a new connection is possible, however, that does not prove that the OPC tunnel and OPC server on the other side to be fully OK. More than once, I've seen OPC servers "forgetting" since long connected clients (e.g. no updates are received) but they still accept new clients. An OPC server shall perpetually continue to provide updates until the client disconnects or deletes the groups / items.
Time Synchronization is important for authentication of user accounts in a Microsoft Windows domain. If the time between any computer and the domain controller drift more than (I believe) 5 minutes, authentication problems may occur.
When this happens, I believe the Windows Event Log should contain records of failed authentication attempts. Please check for this.
I also recommend that you visit the [Workplace Structure]Web System Workplace:System Event List and scroll down/page back to the time of the problem and check for events generated when the OPC feed stopped.
Please clarify the questions I've raised and I will have another go at the problem.