Why doesn't My Trend Graphic appear in Digivis?
My Name is Happy. I have a Problem with Trend Graphic. Here I write the log.
1. I want to use a Trend for my program.
2. When I use "Acquisition Function Block", I have no Problem. The Graphic appear as I want.
3. When I use "Variable Acquisition", I have a problem. The Graphic didn't show as I want. The Trending is empty, without graphic (see picture in an attachment).
FYI I use a Trend Server in a same PC. I tried to use a Trend Server in separate PC too, but the result was same. (TRN-Gateway, Port 9950).
1. Why this is happen?
2. How to configure Trend correctly? Was I do something wrong so the Graphic didn't appear?
3. Is it possible if I used Trend Server in a same PC?
Voted best answer
Hello Happy ( nice name :)
Find answer to your questions here with,
Q2.ans - You can configure trend three ways (i) via Trend acquisition block (ii) via Trend server (iii) via Trend window
(i) Trend acquisition block - when user want to acquire values at task cycle time, trend acquisition block is the only option, Note that user don't need Trend server for this.
(ii) Trend Server - When operator need flexibility of adding process variable of their choice for trending Trend server is only option, Note values don't get acquired at taskcycle time and user need OPC server and trend gateway configured. That need license. too.
(iii) Trend window - When user need to show trend in graphics/faceplate, note archiving not done.
So, recommended to configure process value via Trend Acquisition and that you know, as described in your question description.
Q1&Q3.ans - Getting trend via Trend server, note that you need to add OPC server as well as configure trend gateway. Please go through manuals how to configure ? . Practically it can work combined with DigiVis but recommended to run it on separate PC.
My question to you when you are getting trend via Trend acquisition block, why you want to use Trend server ? OR use variable acquisition ?
Which version of Freelance are You using?
My guess would be it's higher then 9.2, like 2013 or maybe 2016. In that case please remember that You need to configure OPC Tunnel for Trend Server.
You may use Trend Server on the same PC as Your DigiVis or CBF or even both, though You should remember about Your PC performance limits.
@Sumit: The Trends configured using Trend Servers archive variables, just like the ones using Acquisition Function Block. I think You meant that the Trend Server itself does not archive any data, whereas the function block has a small memory that can be used in case of short communication problems. It's all true, but on the other hand one acquisition function block can be used for one trend only (You need one block for every trend in Your system), so in bigger systems a Trend Server would be a prefered solution. It's also worth remembering that user(operator)-defined trends also archive values, but for a maximum of 24h. Only Trend window does not have any archive.
Hope this helps,
Firstly, thanks for your support, as always.
Actually Happy and I are working for the same project. Problem about appearing Trend graphic in DigiVis has been solved (with note(*)), here is the summary what we have done (see the sequence numbering),
Trend server Installation and Configuration
(1) [STEP] You need OPC tunnel (and maybe OPC Server also), but those component will automatically (/by default) checked (included), while you install Trend Server using Freelance 2013 installer
(2) [STEP] OPC tunnel will be initially (well-) configured, which is using default port 9950 as Tunnel port, and 9960 as HTTP port. I recommend not to change this value, because you need to change also the Port number on both OPC Server and Client side. I have not figured out yet about the OPC data flow, but I think the Trend server is OPC server, and DigiVis is OPC Client
(3) [STEP] Configure the Trend server Resource ID, and then restart the computer (just to make sure)
(7) [CHECK] At this point, your DigiVis can use User-defined Trend feature, and both Process Station variables will appear on Trend Display (TR_D-OS) configuration, but its value acquisition will not start.
(8) [STEP] Do Not Forget to Run Trend Server System tray. So the Trend server will start to acquire all value. This is the point that we missed before.
(9) [CHECK] Check Trend server system tray symbol at the right corner of your Windows Toolbar, where you can Right click and configure the OPC Tunnel using Advance/Simple configurator
(11) [CHECK] You do not need to configure OPC DA Server URL, in OPC Tunnel configurator.
(4) [STEP] Insert TRN-GWY Object, and configure Trend using Variable Acquisition
(5) [STEP] Define & Assign Trend Gateway in Control Builder F > Hardware structure
(6) [STEP] Configure Trend Gateway IP address and Resource ID on Network structure
(10) [STEP] At “Configure” window, check System Time Synchronization. Run DigiVis. That’s all.
So here is the “Note (*)”
Now the problem is, Trend display (and logging) will only be started for once sampling (not continuously, and then it stopped. Please see attached “DigiBrowse, Trend log” screenshoot below. Any idea about this? FYI, we have not used Trend server license yet.
Firstly I would like to clarify:
Ad. steps 1 & 2: Trend Server is an OPC Server, only configured so that it connects with all Process Stations (as data sources, read only) and all Operator Stations (as OPC Clients; server provides data for Trend Displays only).
Ad. step 3: You don't need to restart the PC after setting Trend Server Resource ID.
Ad. steps 4, 5 & 6: I would change the order - firstly configure Trend Gateway (in Project Tree, setting the type; in Hardware, adding the resource; in Network, adding the ID and IP), and then configure the Trend displays.
Ad. steps 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11: Here You need to change the order for sure. Firstly run the OPC Tunnel Configurator on the PC on which the Trend Server is running. In the Configurator window (basic, not Advanced) write "Freelance2000OPCServer.XXX" in DA Server input, where XXX is the ID of Trend Server resource (Your step 11). Restart the tunnel and servers using System Tray (right click -> Reset Server), which is Your step 8, then check if Tunnel is running (green dot on the System Tray icon), which is Your step 9. Run DigiVis and it should all be up and running.
Now on to the logging problem:
I'm not sure how You are testing the Trends, but You should remember two things. Freelance OPC servers run "on demand" and aquire data "on change". If while testing You only forced/set the value once, it was aquired once. Normally the date will change and be aquired 24/7 and the clients (DigiVis stations) will read data 24/7. If everything is configured correctly what You expirience now should not be a problem on running system.