Channel error, I/O warning, Device specific error 5
When I go online with my project, I get some warnings, and the hardware does not respond to the program.
The warnings are in
- Controllers/Controller_1/Hardware AC 800M (Errors and warnings: "Channel error, I/O warning, Device specific errer 5," and Extended status: "Not preffered version primary")
- Controllers/Controller_1/Hardware AC 800M/PM861/ModuleBus/DO810 (Errors and warnings: "Channel error, I/O warning")
Does anyone know what these errors imply? And how to fix it?
Please provide error code. There is an application in this forim (ErrorCodeExtract2) which decode error code.
What do you mean the hardware doesn't respond to the program, if you go online?
"Not preffered version primary" - seems you have redundant CPU's. May be something with firmware loaded is not OK and you have to upgrade it.
Did you check in online: Tools-> Maintenance -> Remote System -> Show firmware information?
For DO810 channel error, did you check Settings -> External Power Supervision
May be you could provide screen shot
It seems from the error, that you have wrong revision of the primary controller. And device specific bit 5 in PM861 shows from the manual as:
CEX IRQ: All CEMs on the direct CEX bus segment are disabled.
It would be better if you could provide the unitstaus (hexadecimal number) from the hardware unit.
I was unable to add the screen shot in a comment, it is attached as the pictore called Warnings.
I am able to go online, and I am quite sure I have connected the variables to the correct DO channels. But the warning says channel error, and since it does not work I assume it has something to do with the warnings I get.
The firmware is updated, so that should be okay.
The External Power Supervision is currently set to true. I tried to put it to false, it resulted in some of the same errors, as you can see in WarningsExternalPowerSupervisionFalse
See the comments to your second question:
- Is it the phisical CPU redundant? Then in your HW configuration in CBM should be redundant too
- If the CPU is redundant, you don't have to connect direct IO's - position 1 to 12. In CBM it is possible, but they will not work for redundant CPU's
- Why did you address DO810 at position 2 if it is connected directly to the CPU? It should be at position 1